We’re going to be hiring a few key roles over the next few months, and we’re starting with a Financial Administrator. If you’re interested or know someone who might be then please do get in touch…
Position reports to:
The Bicycle Academy main office, The Welsh Mill, Frome, Somerset
A dynamic award winning business is looking for a Financial Administrator to help achieve their growing ambitions.
Key responsibilities and accountability:
- Managing day to day administration of a small company
- Creating and documenting internal financial procedures
- Processing purchasing payments
- Creating sales invoices and allocation of income
- Correct posting of costs
- Bank reconciliations
- Finalising month end accounts
- Filing VAT returns and fulfilling basic tax requirements
- Creating and submitting time-sheets to payroll provider
- Administration of employee contracts
- Keeping diaries and arranging appointments
- Scheduling and attending meetings, creating agendas and taking minutes
- Ordering and maintaining stationery and office equipment
- Sorting and distributing incoming post and organising and sending outgoing post
- Dealing with general telephone and email enquiries
To undertake such other duties, training and/or hours of work as may be reasonably required, and which are consistent with the general level of responsibility of this job. To conduct yourself in a manner that always keeps up the appearances of The Bicycle Academy.
Key skills and Interests:
The ideal candidate will be professional, positive and outgoing, a natural forward planner with a strong initiative and capability of working autonomously. Attention to detail is crucial and work undertaken needs to be completed thoroughly and methodically to a high standard. Embrace training opportunities pertaining to workplace practice and health and safety. You will be personable; be an excellent face-to-face and telephone communicator, calm under pressure and enjoy working within a team as well as independently. An interest in cycling, craftsmanship or education an advantage but not essential.
- Experience of financial administration and an office environment essential
- Experience of word-processing and spreadsheet programs essential
- Experience of FreeAgent an advantage
- Experience of Google apps an advantage
- Experience of WordPress an advantage
Contract, salary and benefits:
21 – 35 hours a week within 9am – 5:30pm, Monday to Friday.
£18,000 (pro rata)
About the company:
Short listed as “One of the 100 most resourceful, original, exciting and disruptive business in the UK” by Smarta.com, The Bicycle Academy is Europe’s biggest bicycle frame building school. Specialists in teaching, the company attracts students from all over the world to learn at the Frome based school.
In addition to training courses, The Bicycle Academy provides flexible workshop hire, and also designs, manufactures and sells its own range of frame building tools. Situated in newly refurbished premises within 10 minutes walking distance of the town centre The Bicycle Academy provides a well equipped, dynamic and vibrant working environment.
Please e-mail email@example.com with a covering letter and CV, alternatively you can send postal applications to:
The Bicycle Academy
The Welsh Mill
Park Hill Drive
Friday 8th July 2016